Wednesday 20 July 2011

Yi Jia Yuen Curry Rice

Location: Chong Pang Hawker Center, Singapore
Country of origin: India
Rating
Taste: 4/5 (this is probably one of the best hawker in chong pang)
Price: 5/5 (only 3.60SGD for the 4viands and 1rice. 1.50 for the bird's nest drink)
Presentation: 1/5 (just look at the picture haha)
Ambiance: 1/5 (it is located in a hawker center)
Accessibility: 2/5 (this actually depends on where you are, all districts in Singapore should have hawker centers. It is just a matter of walking or taking a bus if you are far from one)
Serving: Recommended for hungry sailors

Review
Masarap ba ang mga putaheng ito?  This was the first time I ever ate in this kind of hawker in singapore. I think they call it tapaw, similar to the Philippines' "turo turo." You order rice, then you choose your viands. This actually needs a skill, you have to know what combination is suitable for your main dish. I, for one, always pair meat, egg and veggies. I probably got this from eating "tapsilog." For my first try, I ordered pork (like adobo), steamed vegetable, scrambled egg and chicken. again, it all depends on how you combine your viands. Remember that you could put sauce on your rice at the end so make sure the curry sauce is greatly paired with your choices. I did good on this plate so it was one hell of a meal! The dishes were freshly cooked and it is still hot off the pan. Oh, btw, this hawker is easy to find because if it is open, usually the queue here is alarmingly long. So, if ever you are in Chong Pang and you are hungry as a bear, try this! About the drink, I was excited to see that they were selling bird's nest drink. I always wandered how it would taste (read my blog about how bird's nest is made). Honestly, I was a little bit disappointed. I expected it to be "more tasteful." But the taste was different from what I expected, it was like water with jell-o bits at the bottom of the glass. The price was higher than other drinks around so probably I expected more.

No comments:

Post a Comment