Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Original Nasi Lemak

Location: Sembawang Road
Country of origin: Malaysia
Rating
Taste: 4/5 (so, it is the original. try the sweet and sour super crispy chicken!)
Price: 5/5 (very good price for the taste! only 3SGD)
Presentation: 1/5 (same "put everything on top" technique)
Ambiance: 1/5 (not located near any hawker and beside a pet store, read review)
Accessibility: 1/5 (very far from the hawker centers. you need to find it)
Recommended for: those who like nasi lemak

Review
Masarap ba ang mga putaheng ito? Nasi Lemak as I remember, is known as fatty rice. Rice soaked in Coconut Cream or "gata" as we call it in the Philippines. I am a fan of flavored rice so I went looking for this hidden restaurant which they say has the best Nasi Lemak in Yishun. It is located somewhere near the landed areas of Sembawang. It is near the pet shops and other service shops like bikes, computers and billiards. It is very hard to notice that it is there. Anyway, as I eat the rice with my super delicious sweet and sour crispy chicken, I asked the waitress what was the restaurant's name. She said it was "the original" and truly enough when I looked at the sign board, it said "the original." They haven't move for decades and so they were stuck in that place far away from other hawkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment